Monday, November 19, 2007

23. Is This The End?

G'day,

I must admit that I thought that I had a fair grasp of the internet. I now know that there is so much out there that I wasn't aware of. I had certainly heard of a few things such as YouTube, Flickr and podcasting but actually using these tools has opened my eyes to the potential that the internet offers.

This training has shown me some great sites that I will be using both for work and private. I think that all the exercises were fun to do and the structure was easy to follow and will allow me to use some powerful tools in promoting the Library.

One thing that I found impressive was the ease of using sites such as Flickr, LibraryThing, YouTube and Blogspot and the results that they give is fantastic. I loved playing with the image generators now there is a great marketing tool.

The training has certainly given me more confidence with exploring the internet and using the latest technologies and I can now take on the younger staff members with their net knowledge and give them a run for their money (for now).

I am glad that I did this training and would highly recommend it to other staff. A big thank you to all involved in this project.

Oh! and one other thing, can I please, please, please have a prize, please.

Thank you all

This is Bren At Work signing off

Seeya

No comments: